The laboratory works closely with industry stakeholders on diseases specific to goats as well as those common to goats, sheep and cattle. Its 700 m2 premises include a laboratory and animal experimentation station.
• Development and optimisation of serological and molecular diagnostic tools (CAEV, maedi-visna).
• Epidemiology of CAEV and maedi-visna in small ruminants
• Characterisation of cryptosporidium transmission in ruminants
• Strategies for control of cryptosporidiosis in kids and calves
• Epidemiology of paratuberculosis in goats
• Control of paratuberculosis in goats
• Epidemiological surveillance of goat diseases
20 staff members