Our scientific project aims to give priority to four themes: (1) the behavior of agricultural producers and public regulations; (2) Markets, agriculture and development; (3) Industrial strategies of agri-food enterprises in a globalized economy; (4) Organization and performance of agricultural and food chains.
The unit projet is structured in two research topics:
1. Organizations, Structures and Performances (OSP)
Faced with the evolution of the structures, the strategies of the firms and the public policies in the agricultural and agri-food markets, this research programme addresses the following two main themes:
• Industrial strategies in a globalized economy as determinants of internationalization or consequences of international competition. Micro-economic analysis of firm export performances is favored.
• The organization and performance of agricultural- and food-chains through the study of the evolution of farms and agri-food firms and of the coordination and collective actions in the chains.
2. Production, Environment and Risk
It aims at analyzing the determinants and impacts of farmers’ choices on markets and on the environment to determine their consequences on the design of optimal policies regulating agricultural activities and markets. The main topics are:
• Agricultural production and environmental impacts
• Dynamics of the agricultural sector
• Farmers’ behaviour towards risk and sustainable production
Total staff: 54 including 28 researchers, teacher-researchers, engineers and 6 PhD students